IT struggles with the ever increasing amounts of data that businesses generate at an exponentially increasing pace from many different sources – including IoT. Through the SoftNAS Cloud Platinum® product architecture, SoftNAS addresses the impracticalities that plague real world broader cloud adoption, so IT can control its data destiny in the cloud.
SoftNAS Cloud Platinum is a Hybrid cloud data integration product with high speed data transfer, combining a software-defined, enterprise-class NAS virtual storage appliance; high-speed bulk data transfer with up to 20x faster data transfer rates compared to TCP/IP and accelerates data migrations, backups and data movement; and data integration/replication for IT to manage and control data centrally. Customers save time and money while increasing efficiency.
What is a Cloud Data Platform?
While there isn’t an agreed upon standard industry definition for a cloud data platform there certainly is an ideal combination that can satisfy most every IT Admin or DevOps person out there. Let’s boil the definition down six basic requirements that an ideal cloud data platform should have:
- A full-featured, no-compromise, enterprise-class NAS as a virtual appliance.
- High-speed, bulk data transfer that can operate using standard, non-proprietary network connections from superfast, low-latency/low-error WAN connectivity down to the lowly dial-up connections with high-latency/high-error rates and everything inbetween.
- Drag-and-drop data integration and ingestion covering a very broad amount of varying data types and formats including IoT and Big Data.
- Automated data migration and synchronization between multiple locations – including on-premises datacenters, public clouds, private clouds, hybrid-clouds and multi-cloud environments.
- Point and click cloud data migration for “Lift and Shift”.
- And for programmatic interfaces and integration into home-grown applications: REST APIs and automation tools.
Register to access the SoftNAS Cloud Platinum beta features.
- Cloud NAS Virtual Storage Appliance
SoftNAS Cloud® Enterprise, the full-featured enterprise-class cloud NAS filer for primary data storage, is included with SoftNAS Cloud Platinum.
- High Speed Bulk Data Transfer
SoftNAS® UltraFast™ provides high speed data transfer, accelerating storage traffic up to 20x compared to TCP/IP network transmission speeds running on regular network connections.
- Apache NiFi
The open source “Apache NiFi”, a core building block of SoftNAS Cloud Platinum, provides a powerful and user friendly “drag-and-drop” data ingestion and integration capability upon which SoftNAS Cloud Platinum is built. SoftNAS customers get a fully-supported version of Apache Nifi.
- Auto Tiered Storage
With the FlexTiers feature of SoftNAS Cloud Platinum, you can define policies to create auto tiered storage, automatically keeping the most recently accessed data on higher performance storage while older data can be aged and moved to less expensive, lower performance storage.
- Lift and Shift File Migration (powered by Apache NiFi)
The Lift and Shift feature of SoftNAS Cloud Platinum provides a wizard to migrate on-premises file data to the public cloud or multi-cloud environments.
- Cloud Data Management Environment for DevOps and Administrators
SoftNAS Cloud Platinum FlexFiles™ is a development environment that provides a seamless experience between design, control, feedback and monitoring for developing data integration and movement tasks.
- Integrated Global Cloud Data Platform
SoftNAS Cloud Platinum is a global, integrated cloud data platform, combining enterprise-class cloud NAS, high speed data transfer and data integration/replication functionality into a single product, eliminating the high costs and overall need of integrating third party point products.
- Enterprise-Class Cloud NAS Built In
Create a seamless storage environment on-premises and in the cloud to create a single source of truth for data in an enterprise.
- Code Free Data Integration
Using a powerful FlexFiles drag-and-drop data integration platform (based on Apache NiFi), customers can integrate disparate data sources, route data and perform sophisticated data analysis without the need to write custom, brittle integration code or to use third party data integration products.
- Maximize Data Transfer Rates of Existing WAN Links
Reduce costs and eliminate the need for expensive WAN link upgrades or WAN optimizers.
- Live Data Migration
Instead of using offline data transfer technologies, such as shipping servers or racks of disks, which requires freezing production data, Live Data Migration with SoftNAS Cloud Platinum enables data migration to the cloud while running live data on your on-premises storage. No system downtime is required when migrating data with SoftNAS Cloud Platinum.
- Highly Configurable
Deploy SoftNAS Cloud Platinum on more than 140 virtual machine types and across 6 storage backends in the public cloud for optimum balance of price vs. performance. Deploy on VMware vSphere hosts for on-premises storage on customer owned or leased hardware systems. Optimize SoftNAS UltraFast data transfer acceleration for your network, adjusting latency, packet loss, throughput, congestion and QoS. Choose from more than 100 Apache NiFi data integration processors, or create your own.
SoftNAS Cloud Platinum FlexFiles enables building your own NiFi processors to meet the specific needs of your enterprise.
SoftNAS Cloud Platinum is secured through SSL, SSH, HTTPS and at-rest and in-flight data encryption. SoftNAS Cloud Platinum also includes role-based authentication and authorization.
Supports existing and legacy storage hardware and works with any storage type: object storage, block storage, SSD, SAN, VMware VSAN, AWS S3, Azure Blob and native cloud storage.
- Centralized Data Management
Simplify data management by managing all data centrally, even if data resides on-premises or in the public cloud, through the SoftNAS StorageCenter console.
Full REST API and CLI support for popular automation tools, including Puppet, Chef and Ansible, as well as AWS CloudFormation templates and Azure Resource Manager templates.
- Easy to Deploy
SoftNAS Cloud Platinum is designed for use by IT generalists, eliminating steep learning curves.
Use Case Examples
- Business Application Migrations into the Cloud
- Lift and Shift Application and Data Migrations to the Public Cloud
- Global Bulk Data Replication
- Fast Bulk Data Transfers
- Global Content Publishing (one-to-many replication)
- Data Aggregation (many-to-one replication)
- Big Data Integration (e.g., Big Data, SQL, NoSQL Integration)
- Any Data Integration
- SaaS Application Integration (e.g., SalesForce, SAP, Integration)
- Hybrid Cloud and Multi-Cloud Integration
- Remote Office/Branch Office (ROBO) Integration
- Factory Integration
- SaaS-enabling of Applications
- Web Services Integration
- Centralized Disaster Recovery
- Cloud Backup storage (hot to warm backend cloud storage)
- Cloud Archive storage (cool to cold backend cloud storage)
- And much, much more…. What will you use it for?