Who is SoftNAS?
SoftNAS, LLC is a leading storage software company that provides powerful, agile storage software that protects mission-critical and business-critical data in the private, public or hybrid cloud. SoftNAS believes that storage can be both powerful and frictionless, providing customers with the enterprise-grade NAS storage capabilities, required to safely and reliably operate mission-critical IT systems and applications in the cloud. SoftNAS supports the most popular cloud computing platforms, including Amazon Web Services®, Microsoft® Azure™, VMware® vSphere® and vCloud® Air™.
What is NAS?
NAS is a common IT term for Network Attached Storage that enables data and file sharing using popular protocols like NFS and CIFS/SMB. iSCSI is typically associated with SAN (Storage Area Networks). NAS storage systems that support NFS, CIFS/SMB and iSCSI are termed “unified” storage. SoftNAS Cloud provides unified storage designed and optimized for high-performance, higher than normal I/O per second (IOPS) and data reliability and recoverability. It also increases storage efficiency through thin-provisioning, compression and deduplication.
What is SoftNAS?
SoftNAS is a software-defined NAS filer delivered as a virtual storage appliance that runs within the AWS EC2 environment. SoftNAS provides enterprise-grade NAS capabilities, including cross-zone high-availability with automatic failover in the AWS cloud.
Does SoftNAS provide High-Availability (HA)?
Yes. SoftNAS SNAP HA™ delivers a low-cost, low-complexity solution for high-availability clustering that is easy to deploy and manage. A robust set of HA capabilities protects against data center, server, network and storage system failures to keep your business running without downtime.
Is management of SoftNAS Cloud difficult?
Not at all! StorageCenter™ is the easy-to-use intuitive GUI to manage SoftNAS. The management software provides simplicity for creating standard mounts including NFS, CIFS, and iSCSI storage volumes which can pooled into RAID backed arrays to customize redundancy and performance, as well as setting advanced features.
How often does SoftNAS Replicate?
SnapReplicate runs a replication cycle once per minute. On-demand replication can be triggered through an ad-hoc Replicate Now cycle.
Why is SoftNAS Cloud the best choice?
- Increase application performance
- Applications run faster with read and write caching, so employees are happier and more productive, customers are more satisfied, and business runs more efficiently
- Increase data reliability with multiple layers of protection
- Quality and multi-layer data integrity built-in – scheduled snapshots, off-site replication, RAID, block checksums, and copy-on-write features
- Protect business continuity by efficiently replicating critical data off-site
- Decrease or eliminate downtime using snapshots and rapid filesystem cloning
- Reduce costs to store rapidly growing data by compressing sparse data and eliminating duplicate data
- Up to 90% space savings with compression and deduplication
- Commercial-grade NAS capabilities in a virtual appliance
- Flexibility to manage your data in the cloud, on-premise or both
- Simple installation and configuration
- Your NAS up and running in 60 minutes or less
- No training required
- Fast to implement, in as little less than 60 minutes
- Support and lifetime upgrades included with subscriptions
- Proven hypervisor, Linux, ZFS technologies that IT already uses, knows and trusts today
How stable is SoftNAS? Have you stability tested and certified for production use?
Yes, SoftNAS has been fully QA tested and certified for production use. It is in use by hundreds of customers across Amazon EC2, VMware and Microsoft Azure environments worldwide today.
What are the capacity sizes?
SoftNAS Cloud is limited to 20 TB of usable storage space. SoftNAS Cloud/Enterprise has up to 16 PB of usable storage space. If you begin with SoftNAS Cloud initially and need to go beyond 20 TB, it is possible to upgrade to SoftNAS Cloud/Enterprise for increased storage access.
Still have questions? Call us. We’re here to help!