SoftNAS No Storage Downtime Guarantee Program
99.999% Uptime or We’ll Credit a Month of Service Fees
The SoftNAS SNAP HA™ No Storage Downtime Guarantee Program guarantees 99.999% uptime for SoftNAS Cloud software and storage services, when operated with production workloads under SoftNAS best practices, or we will credit one-calendar month of SoftNAS service fees. By implementing SoftNAS SNAP HA™ in a high-availability configuration, you will realize 99.999% uptime of your storage infrastructure.
New or existing SoftNAS customers running production applications or workloads on SoftNAS supported third party platforms who have also registered the product.
How do you qualify?
Deploy SoftNAS Cloud and successfully run SNAP HA™ high-availability storage following guidelines in the SoftNAS High-Availability Guide and the Technical Requirements described below. Then, register the product from the product registration form, accessible from StorageCenter™.
What is guaranteed?
NFS, CIFS/SMB or iSCSI storage connectivity will be available and operational 99.999% in any given one-calendar month period. This guarantee applies if:
- storage connectivity outage is due to a simultaneous SoftNAS software failure of both SoftNAS Cloud controllers; or
- storage connectivity outage is due to a SoftNAS software failure of SoftNAS SNAP HA™ to maintain continuous NFS, CIFS/SMB and/or iSCSI access from at least one controller.
How do you file a claim?
Open a support ticket by going to https://www.softnas.com/helpdesk/index.php?/Tickets/Submit, complete the required outage information, and provide remote access into both controllers of the failed system. The support ticket must be submitted within 10 days after the end of the month in which the claimed outage or failure occurred. SoftNAS personnel must be provided with all requested log files and reasonable access to inspect the failed SoftNAS SNAP HA™ instances before a claim will be processed. Approval of the credit is at the discretion of SoftNAS, dependent upon the results of the check and inspection performed by SoftNAS. third-party reports, data or log files may not be used for determination. Upon SoftNAS’ verification of the outage due solely to SoftNAS Cloud or SoftNAS SNAP HA™ operational failure and such outage is beyond the SoftNAS SNAP HA™ No Storage Downtime Guarantee Program, SoftNAS will issue a credit within 30 days of such determination.
How much is the credit and how is it applied?
The credit is equal to the monthly payment for the month in which the failure or outage occurred. If quarterly, semi-annual or annual payments are made, then such payment will be prorated on a monthly basis to determine the credit amount. Credits are applied towards future payments owed to SoftNAS only and are not issued as refunds.
SoftNAS Cloud and SoftNAS SNAP HA™ deployments must meet these configuration requirements:
- Satisfy all configuration requirements in the SoftNAS High-Availability Guide, which can be found at https://www.softnas.com/docs/softnas/v3/snapha-html/index.htm and may be updated from time to time.
- Storage connectivity outage is due to a simultaneous SoftNAS software failure of both SoftNAS Cloud controllers.
- Storage connectivity outage is due to a software failure of SoftNAS SNAP HA™ to maintain continuous NFS, CIFS/SMB and/or iSCSI access from at least one controller.
- SoftNAS Cloud minimum software version of 3.4.9.
- Software updates applied within 30 days of availability.
The following are excluded from the guarantee’s coverage:
- Recovery Point Objectives are outside of scope. Due to a myriad of WAN speed options and fluctuations, the data snapshot time represented in the secondary instance of the SoftNAS SNAP HA™ pair is not covered by this guarantee.
- Unavailability, inoperability or inaccessibility of the backup server instance affecting SoftNAS SNAP HA™, whether such unavailability, inoperability or inaccessibility is the result of electrical failures, hardware failures or other causes not within SoftNAS’ control.
- Outages due to your operation of SoftNAS Cloud not meeting published best practices. Applicable to configuration errors, software updates, networking and underlying platform elements.
- Single SoftNAS Cloud instances are not covered.
- Non-production instances used for development or testing are not covered.
- Outages due to power failures and scheduled downtime for server maintenance are not regarded as downtime for purposes of relevance for this guarantee, nor is downtime caused by unavoidable acts of God or other conditions beyond SoftNAS’s control, nor by third-party digital or physical attacks on servers and data centers, such as direct denial of service (DDoS) attacks, or other forms of hacking.
- Interruptions in service caused by you from custom scripting, coding or the installation of third-party applications are likewise not eligible to be counted against downtime.